- Registration / Signin
- Professionals Signin
5 ways to join
- To order Books/Cards/Forms
- Learn Before You Decide
- Cards to complete a Natural Dying—Living Will
- How the Natural Dying Living Will works for religious observers
- Plan Now; Die Later—Ironclad Strategy explained
- NATURAL DYING® FORMS for a Plan Now; Die Later—Ironclad Strategy
- DNR-Registry Medallion
- On-line Store
- Video series: Plan Now, Die Later--Peacefully
- Natural Dying®
- Natural Dying®
- Articles on End of Life Planning The Sooner Mother Dies the Better Palliative Sedation: Pros and Cons
- Slide Presentations:
For general audiences
- Free phone consultation
We are committed to your privacy
This site is owned and operated by Caring Advocates®. Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. At Caring Advocates, we want to make your experience online satisfying and safe.
Because we gather certain types of information about our users, we feel you should fully understand our policy and the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather and how we use it.
INFORMATION Caring Advocates GATHERS AND TRACKS
Caring Advocates gathers two types of information about users:
- Information that users provide through optional, voluntary submissions. These are voluntary submissions to receive our electronic newsletters, to participate in our forums, and to email a friend.
- Information Caring Advocates gathers through aggregated tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our sites. This information allows us to better tailor our content to readers' needs and to help us better understand the demographics of our audience. Under no circumstances does Caring Advocates divulge any information about an individual user to a third party.
Caring Advocates Gathers User Information In The Following Processes:
Optional Voluntary Information
We offer the following free services, which require some type of voluntary submission of personal information by users:
- Electronic newsletters policy (Dispatches)
- Forums policy
- "Tell a friend" policy
We will offer a free electronic newsletter to users. Caring Advocates gathers the email addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe. Users may remove themselves from this mailing list by following the link provided in every newsletter that points users to the subscription management page. Users can also subscribe to the newsletters at the time of registration.
Users of the site's Forums must register separately for this service in order to post messages, although they needn't register to visit the site. During registration the user is required to supply a username, password, and email address.
Our site users can choose to electronically forward a link, page, or documents to someone else by clicking "Tell a friend". The user must provide their email address, as well as that of the recipient. This information is used only in the case of transmission errors and, of course, to let the recipient know who sent the email. The information is not used for any other purpose.
Caring Advocates tracks user traffic patterns throughout all of our sites. However, we do not correlate this information with data about individual users. Caring Advocates does break down overall usage statistics according to a user's domain name, browser type, and MIME type by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user's browser).
USE OF INFORMATION
Caring Advocates uses any information voluntarily given by our users to enhance their experience in our network of sites, whether to provide interactive or personalized elements on the sites or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users.
As stated above, we use information that users voluntarily provide in order to send out electronic newsletters and to enable users to participate in forums. We send out newsletters to subscribers on a regular schedule (depending on the newsletter), and occasionally send out special editions when we think subscribers might be particularly interested in something we are doing. Caring Advocates never shares newsletter mailing lists with any third parties, including advertisers, sponsors or partners.
When we use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don't like based on traffic to those areas. We do not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
SHARING OF THE INFORMATION
Caring Advocates will not share information about individual users with any third party, except to comply with applicable law or valid legal process or to protect the personal safety of our users or the public.
Caring Advocates operates secure data networks protected by industry standard firewall and password protection systems. Our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorized individuals have access to the information provided by our customers.
We give users options wherever necessary and practical. Such choices include:
- Opting not to register to receive our electronic newsletters.
- Opting not to participate in certain interactive areas, which completely alleviates the need to gather any personally identifiable information from our users