Caring Advocates' “Plan Now, Die Later™ to Live Longer”
Living Will Planning Package
- My Way Cards or Natural Dying Living Will Cards—an illustrated decision aid tool that generates a clear and specific Living Will that (A) informs your future physicians and others WHAT treatments you do, or do not want, and (B) serves as a guide so others will know WHEN to implement “Natural Dying” (if it is your choice); for example, if you suffer a bad car accident, a stroke, or reach Advanced Dementia.
- Unlimited, life-time updating opportunities of your Living Will (as long as you can still make treatment decisions). Just mail, fax, email or upload your updated “My Decisions Table” to Caring Advocates.
- Caring Advocates professionals can evaluate your present Living Will and recommend suggested wording for you to indicate which one you want to prevail—if in some areas, your two Living Wills may conflict.
- A set of Natural Dying Forms to implement your personal “Plan Now, Die Later—Ironclad Strategy.” Includes the Natural Dying Agreement (a bilateral contract between each of your proxies/agents and you); and the Natural Dying Affidavit (that most consider to be their “trump card”).
- A Consent Form for Relief of Unbearable Suffering that you and your current physician can sign, to help ensure that in the future, you will receive what treatment is required, for any kind of unbearable pain.
- Three books: (1) Peaceful Transitions: Stories of Success and Compassion; (2) Peaceful Transitions: Plan Now, Die Later—Ironclad Strategy; and (3) The BEST WAY to Say Goodbye: A Legal Peaceful Choice at the End of Life. (You can ask for a credit on this package for book(s) you already purchased.)
- MyLastWishes.org Program so clinicians can readily access your stored forms and videos if they urgently need to learn your end-of-life wishes. Includes a MyW Wallet Card, MyW Pouch, and MyW Stickers to place on drivers’ licenses and forms such as the Physician Orders for Life–Sustaining Treatment or POLST form as recommended in “B,” below. (You can extend your one-year subscription.)
- A $50 coupon toward Caring Advocates’ current price for its Thirst Reduction Aid Kit (TRAK), which you can purchase any time to use to help reduce symptoms of dryness, such as thirst.
- Telephone and e-mail support from Caring Advocates’ staff, to help you complete all forms and videos for your strategic Advance Care Planning.
- A ten-minute phone or SKYPE consultation with Caring Advocates’ Medical Director, Dr. Stanley A. Terman.
Options and other available services:
- Additional complete set including one Living Will, Natural Dying Forms, and Consent Form for Relief of Unbearable Suffering—for one member of a household completing Advance Care Planning at the same time.
- Interview with a health care provider to complete the recommended Physician Orders for Life–Sustaining Treatment (POLST) paradigm form so it is consistent with requests on your Natural Dying—Living Will.
- Consult with Dr. Terman to review your previously completed documents; to conduct semi-structured interviews to record your wishes on video; to hold family sessions to prevent or to resolve conflicts; to have Dr. Terman record his clinical opinion regarding a patient’s capacity to give informed consent for Natural Dying and for Palliative Sedation to Unconsciousness; and to deal with related issues. Dr. Terman’s (before discount) professional fee is $350 per hour. (Note: Other Caring Advocates professionals have lower fees.)
- You can order a Do Not Resuscitate (DNR) Medallion since California and other states’ Emergency Medical Services Authority have authorized Caring Advocates to be a vendor of wearable medallions that indicate your wishes about resuscitation to emergency medical personnel and physicians. The cost is $70.
Contact info: DrTerman@gmail.com 800 64 PEACE or 760 431 2233 www.CaringAdvocates.org
*Natural Dying Living Will Cards version is for those who wish to make decisions consistent with the teachings of their religion
My Way Cards version is for those who wish to make decisions consistent with prioritizing their autonomy and self-determination.